Friday, April 22, 2011

A Pleasant Surprise

Just a little update on my journey guided by Jomar and this support group.

I just woke up and the first thing I did was turn on the computer and see the stats of the first blog that I ever showed other people aside from this group. And you guessed it right, I got a very pleasant surprise to see that Let's Go Virtual got 80 views yesterday.  It had 60+ views when i slept last night and I was more than contented and happy already.  All I wanted yesterday was to match the 40 views the other day but much to my surprise, it even doubled! All I did was BRAVELY post on my FB wall and ask 3 other friends to also share on their respective walls.  I also posted in an English Online forum and then asked 2 students and a few friends to read my blog.  Then every now and then, I keep on peeking at the stats and rejoice every time the number of views increases. Yes, I'm shallow like that!

 I'm not sure if I'm being exaggerated here for thinking that it's already some sort of an achievement but all I know is I feel I'm having the sense of direction now.  I've been a member of the Online Mentoring Club for more than a month now but I still haven't really done anything; got nothing to show.

I joined the club with the intention of specializing on two things: ESL Online School and Virtual Assistant/Internet Marketing.

1. Status on ESL Online:
    a. Employed under another online school and work there for 8 hours Monday to Friday.
    b. Have private students who deal with me directly.
    c. Provide the services of other online teachers to four online schools (some kind of a mini outsourcing biz).

2.  Status on Virtual Assistant:
     a. Reserved a seat on May 28 Manila seminar.
     b. Got this job order of making TOEIC original lessons but still doesn't know how to deal with it like a professional VA with regards to pricing, payment (if I should ask for an advance payment because this job is definitely not a picnic, I don't want to be swindled). Haven't told anybody about my plans on venturing into the VA world but I consider this job order as a VA work.

I thought merging this two niches would be good.  I think the teachers that I handle have the potential of being good VAs, too.

I plan to make the business side of the ESL Online grow (1c) provide teachers to other online schools and at the same time have my own online school for the private students I handle then add more services like VA, Internet Marketing and all the stuff that Jomar teaches. (@Jomar, I am forever grateful to you for being so generous to us.  I can feel your sincerity in reaching out to as many Filipinos as you can to make their lives better).

I plan to eventually quit the 8-hour job which is killing me in many ways which I talked about in my previous post.  It is also the reason why I can't find the time to do the lessons from the Online Mentoring Club.

I'm getting talkative and emotional again LOL. Gotta hit PUBLISH POST now!

Please read:
Pinay Mom Adventures
Blogger Fever
One Pinoy Blogger
Earn Online




 

2 comments: