Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Find Your Call Then Give It Your All

Early on in life, I have discovered that finding one’s call wasn’t a piece of cake.  It may be easy for some people, but not for me. People who have known me for a long time have always thought that I was a true blue anti-social.  I was a loner, didn’t have activities and my life was a total bore.  Deep inside me, I knew it was because I didn’t know what I wanted to do.  I didn’t have a hobby. I didn’t have what I could call my ‘passion’.

It was in my college days where I wanted to find my own calling.  I was fascinated with the term ‘soul searching’.  I imagined myself going to Tagaytay or to Baguio alone or spend a week or two at the Pink Sister’s Convent.  I was just hearing about these things from other people and thought it was cool.  But unfortunately, I didn’t do anything.   I have always been a passive person.  In my mind, there are so many things that I want to do but I didn’t do anything.  I'd just wait what people would ask me to do then I’d do it. 
I worked in offices and never lasted long.  The bosses were okay and I’m pretty sure they liked me to work longer for them.  They asked me to stay.  Some even called me back after resigning.  Some are still in contact with me.  But I just can’t force myself.  It’s not something that I want to do.

Then came Yohan; my little boy, the love of my life, my anchor and my everything.  And if you’ve read the post before this, he is my emotional ‘why’.  I found a home-based job and stuck to it no matter how tiring and exhausting it was; an online teaching job.  I realized I can’t afford not to provide Yohan his needs.  For more than two years, I was pre-occupied and working so hard to save money for Yohan’s future.

The truth is, I still don’t know if I have already found my calling just because this home-based job that I have now is the only job where I lasted the longest.  From what I know, a ‘calling’ is your vocation; your mission in life; something that you do even without getting paid for it.  The only thing I know is, I want to spend more time with Yohan and at the same time provide everything that he needs.  This may sound selfish, not the typical ‘calling’ that serves other people.  So, maybe I haven’t really found my ‘calling’ yet.  And I feel, the Online Wealth Breakthrough seminar of Jomar was the answer.  I don’t want to sound redundant so please refer to my post My Emotional ‘Why’ to know why the Breakthrough was the answer. 

I remember hearing Bro. Bo talked about the ‘core gift’.  I have been considered by my former bosses as the jack of all trades (probably because I don't know how to say NO when they ask me to do something).  But I must admit I'm a master of none.  I still can't figure out my core gift.  I hope I’m still not hopeless.  But I love working on my own.  I never lasted in an office set-up because I was never comfortable working with other people around me.  I am most comfortable when nobody sees and hears me while doing my job.  I’m a silent worker.  I’m a one-man band.  Thus, I believe that the seminars and the mentoring program by Jomar Hilario are really the ones for me.  I’m not getting any younger so I’m going to give it my best shot and give it my all.

Somehow, I'm going to break through or  "BREAKTHROUGH"
And for the record, I’ve never spent thousands of money on things I feel not necessary.  Getting the one-year Online Mentoring Club and attending the Online Wealth Breakthrough Seminar (and soon, the VA Manila seminar on May 28) are the boldest steps I’ve ever done in my life where I took the initiative myself. 

I’m just at the beginning of this so-called ‘self-discovery’ journey.  I’m still a work in progress and it makes me feel young and excited about life and what it has in store for me.


Please read more:
Pinay Mom Adventures
Blogger Fever 
One Pinoy Blogger 
Earn Online

No comments:

Post a Comment